Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fever Dreams

So, I see that my little bloglet has not caught fire overnight. Color me disappointed. Come on, Internet.

Anyway, as the title may have hinted to you, I am ill. Last night, I had bizarre sick-person dreams which included a lot of stuff that I won't tell you about, but one thing that I will. In them, Mike Fontenot laid down an accidental two-run walk-off homer off of - of all things - a bunt attempt, during interleague play, at - of all places - new Yankee Stadium. Not that I even know what it looks like, so in my dreams it looked vaguely like the Louisiana Superdome. You know what, I'm sick, don't judge me.

Provided I don't die or hack up my own lung before then, I'm headed to the game tonight. Theriot should be back in the starting line-up - he pinch hit and substituted into the game late last night, so there's no reason to think he'll be benched again today. Carlos Silva is starting - I feel like he's the man everyone's waiting on to fail, but I sure as hell hope it doesn't happen tonight. He's been pitching to contact, but his BABIP is not unsustainable, and with the increase in range that Starlin Castro gives our infield he might be in pretty good shape. A buddy of mine has opined that if the other shoe is going to drop in our starting pitching, it will drop on Silva and not Gorzelanny. He thinks that Gorzelanny is young enough that perhaps he has just figured it out. I think Silva isn't too old to have figured it out either, especially coming off a slow and injured year, and I'm just waiting for bad habits to creep back into Gorzelanny's pitching. But then again, we could both be wrong, and the Cubs may just end up with a sixth man in Zambrano, which is not a bad problem to have. What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment