Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bullpen Shenanigans

I know I'm late to the party, but Bleacher Nation just told me that the Cubs are looking at Bob Howry. Really? Howry? We got rid of him for a reason, guys.

Also, apparently some switches have been made - Caridad to the DL, and a pitcher named Jeff Stevens has been recalled. I'm not surprised that they didn't bring Samardzija up - I don't trust that kid. But still, it seems like there were better options than Stevens. I'll have to research it a little more before I can have any loud opinions. But at least Lou won't be tempted to use Caridad now.

Also also, Tom Gorzelanny is a line-drive magnet. First the Astros, now the Phillies. I couldn't watch the game tonight (pesky date), but it sounds like he was lights-out. That sixth-man problem is looking tougher and tougher.

No comments:

Post a Comment